(www.carnegiecouncil.org), established in 1914 by Andrew Carnegie, is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing understanding of the relationship between ethics and international affairs.
Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs announces its ninth annual International Essay Contest, open to teachers and students anywhere in the world.
From climate change, to refugees, to terrorism, many of the greatest problems facing us in the 21st century transcend national borders. All involve ethical issues, such as fairness, rights, and responsibilities.
In your opinion, what is the greatest ethical challenge facing the world today?
In your opinion, what is the world’s greatest challenge, and how does it affect your local community and/or the world? What are the ethical issues involved and how can we work together to overcome this problem?
- All teachers, at whatever level, are eligible.
- All students, from high school students through graduate students, are eligible. Non-students are automatically disqualified.
- Collaborative essays between students and teachers are welcome.
- Previous winners and honorable mentions are not eligible.
- Style: Op-ed style (not academic, footnoted papers)
- Length: 1,000 to 1,500 words
- Format: Blog post on www.globalethicsnetwork.org. English language entries only.
- Limit: One entry per person.
Essay Winners’ Prizes
1st prize: $250 Amazon Gift Certificate
2nd prize: $150 Amazon Gift Certificate
3rd prize: $75 Amazon Gift Certificate
All winners also receive a copy of Ethics & International Affairs: A Reader
Essay Submission Deadline:
31st December, 2017
How to Apply:
- Join the free Global Ethics Network (GEN) website: www.globalethicsnetwork.org.
- Post your essay in the blog section and tag it with #essaycontest2017.
- Please include the following:
- Your full name.
- The name of your school.
- Indicate whether you are a teacher or a student, and at what level (high school, undergraduate, graduate).
My Writers Bureau.
Latest posts by Julius Kessy (see all)
- Beginner Bloggers Ask-What’s an Ideal Length of a Blog Post? - May 24, 2018
- 4 Reasons Why You Should Start Blogging On Your Website - May 18, 2018
- Beginner Bloggers-What’s the Name of Your Blog? (And How I Chose Mine) - May 13, 2018