What is the Difference Between a Blog and a Website?
02 Sep 2017
What is the difference between a blog and a website?
This blog post is for informational purposes. There is always something new to learn than what you knew before. So, the first thing to notice when you browse in the internet is a ton of websites and blogs, and you wonder what is a blog and what exactly a website is? Many tend to confuse, so, let's clear the air and reveal the difference between a blog and a website.
The basic difference between a blog and a website lies theoretically on how content is created, published and presented-the format.
Note that: Mangoes are fruits but not all fruits are mangoes. All blogs are websites but not all websites are blogs.
What is a blog?
A blog is a website that a blogger uses for chronological listing of blog posts, with the most recent posts at the top followed by the previously updated ones. A blog can easily be started with services like blogger, WordPress, etc. and it's not something to start from scratch, the entire system and design templates are already in place. The more updated it is, the more attention it gets. Quality and regular updated content is what makes a good blog.
How to identify a blog:
1) A chronological list of blog posts
2) A commenting system that helps readers to communicate and leave behind comments
3) Blog posts are archived by date, category, author, tags and subcategories
4) RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feeds for posts and or comments for feed readers like Feedly, etc.
Example of a blog: My Writers Bureau.
What is a website?
How to identify a website:
1) A homepage displaying contents from several sections of internal website pages
2) A design portfolio of work
3) A blog as part of it
4) A Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) that give readers more information
5) Company's terms of services
6) A contact form for visitors to get in touch
7) Services/product page that displays what you offer
Example of a website: Wikipedia
Do you need a blog or a website?
Choosing a blog or a website depends on what you exactly intend to do. If you are that person interested in creating regular content for other to read then I would advise you to go with a blog. If you need an online portal with many abilities featured at once then you should go with a website. If you have a company then a website complimented with a blog is suitable. But you need to know a little of coding before deciding to start a website.
Friend, I hope this clears your doubts about the differences between a blog and a website. I would love to hear you in the comments below. What do you feel about Blogs Vs. Websites?
MORE FROM MY WRITERS BUREAU