JIAS invites applications for its writing semester from 1 February to 31 May 2018. Fellowships are open to people with any expertise – previous Fellows have included academics, novelists, scientists, poets, playwrights, humanities specialists, independent researchers and journalists.
About the Award:
The Johannesburg Institute for Advanced Study (JIAS) is a joint initiative of the University of Johannesburg (UJ), South Africa, and Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. Its purpose is to promote advanced research in the humanities and natural sciences, beyond the regular teaching and research activities at institutions of higher learning. JIAS is the first fully fledged institute of advanced learning in Gauteng, South Africa’s political and economic heartland.
Fellowships are open to any field of expertise. Previous fellows have included academics, novelists, scientists, poets, playwrights, humanities specialists, independent researchers and journalists.
Value of Award:
JIAS Writing Fellows enjoy a quiet space for work, reflection and academic community building amidst the Melville Koppies of Johannesburg. Each Writing Fellow will receive:
- Accommodation in one of 12 private residential suites at JIAS
- Breakfast and lunch each day
- Access to the facilities of the nearby University of Johannesburg
- A monthly stipend
Duration of Program:
1 February to 31 May 2018.
Johannesburg Institute for Advanced Study (JIAS)
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit a two-page outline of a writing proposal, a comprehensive CV, and the name and contact details of three referees. Applications must be sent to email@example.com before 15 September, 2017.
My Writers Bureau.
Latest posts by Julius Kessy (see all)
- 4 Reasons Why You Should Start Blogging On Your Website - May 18, 2018
- Beginner Bloggers-What’s the Name of Your Blog? (And How I Chose Mine) - May 13, 2018
- 5 Tips to Become a Motivational Speaker (Beginner’s Guide) - May 11, 2018