10 Jun 2017
The East African Community Secretariat (EAC) has organized the EAC students essay writing competition year 2017. The Essay writing competition is intended to broaden knowledge of the school going population on EAC activities. The competition is open to students in Form 1 to form 4 who are required to write essays between 1000 – 1500 words. The students are required to begin researching on the topic prior writing and submitting to their Heads of Schools by 15 July, 2017.
The topic for year 2017 in English is
“How will the Integration of East African Community Partner states improve the standards of living of its people”.
“ Ni kwa jinsi gani mtangamano wa Jumuiya ya Afrika Mashariki utaboresha hali ya maisha ya raia wake”.
“Comment l’integration de la comminautee
Africaine de l’Est peut ameliorer le niveua de vie de leur peuple”.
The Heads of Schools will then be expected to constitute a marking panel which will choose the best essay of the school. The panel should go through the essays (Please do not mark the essays) and choose three essay to be submitted to Permanent Secretary Ministry of Education , Science and Technology by July 30th 2017.
The following are the guidelines for essay competition:
- The length of the essay should be between 1,000 and 1,500 words,
- The essay can be written in English, French or Kiswahili,
- The essay should be in their own hand writing
- Students information such as name, sex, class, school address, region Country and title of the essay should be written on the cover page,
- The essay should be written on white A4 lined/ruled papers (Similar to the draft pads),
- Written only on one side of the paper,
- Students should draw double margin in each paper,
- The Head of Schools to certify that the essay is student’s own work. (signature and stamp),
- Students to show the reference materials they have used in writing the essay.
Dr. Leonard Akwilapo
My Writers Bureau.
Hi there, dreamer! I'm Julius and thanks for stopping by. I love writing well, and here at My Writers Bureau blog, I help others do the same. Feel free to browse around and leave a comment. I'll be happy to reply to you. You can also follow me on Facebook and Twitter.
Latest posts by Julius Kessy (see all)
MORE FROM MY WRITERS BUREAU