CIAPS Public Interest Essay Competition 2016
14 Oct 2016
The CIAPS Public Interest Essay themed “Nigerian Recession: Diagnosis & Prognosis”which has a total of one million naira (N1million) Prize is opened to Students, Graduates, Professionals, Academics and all Stakeholders with interest in and understanding of the Nigerian economy.
About the Contest;
For the first time in more than a decade, economic experts, operators and observers have officially and unanimously declared Nigeria in recession.
Like with most political-economic events, many disagree on the reasons for the recession and consequently possible ways out of it.
This CIAPS Prize is aimed at encouraging fact-based analysis as part of our effort in contributing to the building of knowledge based society.
Entries are welcomed from anyone with interest in and knowledge of the Nigerian Economy and recession.
CIAPS is an international graduate school that offers postgraduate and professional programmes for graduates interested in pursuing careers in the areas of Media and Journalism, Banking & Finance, Business Administration, Project Management, Production & Operations Management, Business Development, Graduate Diploma for PAs & Senior Executive, and Event Management.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
- Successful entries for the CIAPS Public Interest Essay Prize will have to be objective and backed by facts.
- Selection Process: Entries are welcome from anyone with interest in and knowledge of the Nigerian Economy and recession and will be judged by members of the CIAPS faculty in collaboration with a selected panelist of economic experts, operators and observers.
- The panel coordinated by CIAPS Centre Director, Prof. Anthony Kila includes Political Economist and founder, Centre for Value and Leadership, Professor Pat Utomi;Former World Bank Vice President, Africa Dr. Oby Ezekwesili;Economist, Public Affairs analyst and Entrepreneur Mr. Henry Boyo as well asformer Executive Secretary of the Nigerian University Council and President of Nigerian Institute of Management,Pof. Munzali Jibri
The Centre for International Advanced and Professional Studies (CIAPS)
12am 29th November 2016
- Best entry N500, 000
- Second place N250, 000
- Third place N150,000
- Fourth and Fifth runners up N50,000
How to Apply;
Successful candidates will submit
- A not more than 5000 words Essay that clearly and concisely traces the origin and causes of the present recession, identify possible ways out of it and suggest what government, businesses and individuals should do and not do to overcome the recession.
- A not more than 1000 words synopsis of the same essay.
- Selected essays will be published for an international audience.
- All entries are to be submitted with a cover note containing a brief biography of writer to http://ciaps.org/alert/2016/09/29/diagnosis-and-prognosis-of-the-nigerian-recession/ not later than the deadline date (see above).
You might like visit the contest web here
My Writers Bureau.
Latest posts by Julius Kessy (see all)
- My Writers Bureau September Read: The Alchemist By Paulo Coelho - September 21, 2017
- 2017 Akili Dada Essay Contest - September 19, 2017
- 2017 New Media Writing Prize - September 19, 2017
MORE FROM MY WRITERS BUREAU