UBA Foundation 2016 National Essay Competition for Nigeria, Ghana and Senegal
08 Oct 2016
ABOUT THE CONTEST;
UBA Foundation, the corporate social responsibility arm of United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc, has announced the opening of entries for the 2015 edition of its annual National Essay Competition.
The competition is part of the Foundation’s initiative to promote creative and analytical thinking in senior secondary students in Nigeria and is a follow up on the Foundation’s Read Africa initiative, which promotes reading culture among students through the reading and free distribution of Africa literary classics in secondary schools. The national essay competition is also held in Ghana and Senegal.
United Bank for Africa (UBA) Foundation
“If you were in a position to help the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), what would you do?”
4th November, 2016.
SELECTION CRITERIA AND ELIGIBILITY;
- Be a Secondary School student
- The educational grant is only applicable to applicants who intent to study in Africa University
- Must submit essay
Prize: the essay competition provides an opportunity for students in senior secondary schools in Nigeria to win prizes in the form of educational grants.
- 1st Prize – N1 million educational grant to study in any African university of his/her choice
- 2nd Prize – N750,000 educational grants
- 3rd Prize – N500,000 educational grants
- The top three winners of the competition win educational grants to study in any African university of their choice.
Entries received for the competition will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of judges made up of professors from reputable Nigerian Universities, who will then shortlist 12 best essays for further assessment.
Three best essays will be selected as the overall winners from 12 finalists that will emerge from the first round of the competition.
Eligible Countries: Nigeria (competition is also held in Ghana and Senegal)
HOW TO APPLY;
Applicant must submit their complete contact information (Name and Address of school telephone number, residential and email addresses.
Applicants must attach photocopies of their original birth certificates or international passport data page.
All entries should be sent to
UBA House (3rd Floor),
or Any UBA Business Office in Nigeria for onward delivery to UBA Foundation
My Writers Bureau.
Latest posts by Julius Kessy (see all)
- Why and How You Should Write Compelling Articles on LinkedIn - March 21, 2018
- Online Workers-5 Safe and Secure Methods to Withdraw Cash Online - March 19, 2018
- 5 Actionable Ways to Become a Better Blogger - March 17, 2018