The Foundation of Psychosomatic and Social Medicine Ascona invites medical students to apply for the International Balint Award 2017.
The criteria by which the papers will be judged are as follows:
The paper should include a presentation of a truly personal experience of a student-patient relationship. (Manuscripts of former medical theses or diplomas cannot be accepted.)
A description of how the student experienced this relationship, either individually or as part of the medical team.
The student’s own perception of the demands to which s/he felt exposed and an illustration of how s/he responded.
A discussion of both ways in which the student’s own approach might change in the future, and also possible ways in which future medical training might enhance the state of awareness for individual students.
- Prize monies of SFR 5,000 are available for the authors of the best three essays. Papers must be in English. They should describe a student-patient relationship, an experience, or experiences, from the student’s medical studies and include critical reflection on personal meetings with patients. The papers should be between 3,000 and 10,000 words.
- Prize winners will have a free place at the International Balint Federation Congress, to be held 6th to 10th September 2017 in Oxford, where they will be able to present a short version of their essay and receive their prize.
- The Congress fee will be waived for prize-winners and they will be provided with free accommodation. In addition, each prizewinner may claim reasonable travel expenses (the cheapest available air fare) on the production of appropriate receipts.
HOW TO SUBMIT;
Submissions of 3,000-10,000 words should be sent by email, as a Word attachment to email@example.com
My Writers Bureau
Latest posts by Julius Kessy (see all)
- 4 Reasons Why You Should Start Blogging On Your Website - May 18, 2018
- Beginner Bloggers-What’s the Name of Your Blog? (And How I Chose Mine) - May 13, 2018
- 5 Tips to Become a Motivational Speaker (Beginner’s Guide) - May 11, 2018