We think the adventures of the charming Debora and her incorrigible Pen deserve to be told to the teeming masses of the writing/publishing industry. Everyone can do with a good laugh. We hope this contest raises the profile of Verbolatry newsletter and gets us more subscribers. And with our anniversary coming up, what better way to celebrate than by asking you to join in?!
Humour writing is our thing. Humour about writing even more so. We’ve found that this niche is sadly under-represented and under-appreciated in the current literary scene out there, so we’d like this contest to fill that void. We hope entrants will feel empowered and encouraged to keep on writing.
If you’re associated in any way with this industry, we bet you have a funny story to share!
A funny story
Prize: £50 to the winning entry, via PayPal & publication in the Verbolatry Newsletter
31 August 2016
- Eligibility: Anyone over the age of 18, except contest judges and family
- Topic: Writing/publishing
- Language: English
- Genres: Humorous fiction, humorous nonfiction
- Types: Cartoon, Essay
- Cartoon – JPG, PNG or GIF file, resolution 75dpi min., dimensions 900x1400px max., as attachment
- Essay – 100 words min., 500 words max., in message body
- Original, previously unpublished work only
- One entry per author, regardless of type
- Mention the category and title of your entry in the subject line
- Include an accurate word count
- Tell us where you heard about this contest (Our Charismatic promoters)
- Send entry to: v3rbolatry(at)gmail(dot)com
- “Early Bird” submission period*: 1 April 2016 to 31 July 2016
- Last date: 31 August 2016
- Results announced: October 2016 newsletters
For inquiries, read the FAQ or feel free to ask us at v3rbolatry(at)gmail(dot)com.
My Writers Bureau
Latest posts by Julius Kessy (see all)
- 4 Reasons Why You Should Start Blogging On Your Website - May 18, 2018
- Beginner Bloggers-What’s the Name of Your Blog? (And How I Chose Mine) - May 13, 2018
- 5 Tips to Become a Motivational Speaker (Beginner’s Guide) - May 11, 2018