Call For Applications For the 4th AWT Editorial and Publishing Training Workshop,Kampala, Uganda, 12 – 16 September, 2016.
28 Jul 2016
African Writers Trust (AWT) is pleased to announce its 4th edition of the Editorial and Publishing Training Workshop.
Applications are invited from writers and editors from Uganda, Botswana, Malawi, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
The workshop, which will be facilitated by experienced professionals in the publishing industry aims to:
Hone and develop the participants’ editing and writing skills
Contribute towards developing the careers of African writers and editors who wish to pursue a future in the publishing industry
Bring together writers and editors as part of AWT’s wider mission to build and sustain a network of African writers.
AWT will cater for all successful applicants’ travel expenses, accommodation and meals for the duration of the workshop.
Participants will be expected to pay a registration fee of USD 50 and are required to bring along written material (fiction or non-fiction) to work on during the training.
If you want to be considered for the workshop please send your application with the email subject, Application for 4th AWT Editorial & Publishing Training Workshop, to email@example.com
The application should include the following:
1. Your name, nationality and gender
2. Your contact address (email and telephone )
3. A brief bio of not more than 200 words
4. A Letter of Motivation (not more than 500 words) stating:
o In what capacity you are applying (writer or editor)
o How you believe this workshop will benefit you and your writing/editing career
o How you believe your participation would be beneficial to the publishing industry in your country
5. A sample (1,000 words) of the writing you plan to bring along to the training
6. All successful applicants will be expected to be fully present for the entire duration of the workshop.
The deadline for receiving applications is Sunday 10th July, 2016. Applications received after this date will not be considered. Successful applicants only will be notified by Sunday the 31st of July 2016.
For more information or queries please contact: African Writers Trust at: firstname.lastname@example.org
My Writers Bureau
Latest posts by Julius Kessy (see all)
- 5 Actionable Ways to Become a Better Blogger - March 17, 2018
- 5 Steps to Create a Kick-Ass LinkedIn Profile That Lands You Clients - March 15, 2018
- Data Entry-A Simple Way to Work and Make Money Online - March 13, 2018