7 Tips How To Write An Article In 20 Minutes.
29 Jun 2016
1. Create an idea bank
When a motivation for an article strikes, scribble it down in a notebook or a word file. For many writers finding the topic to write about takes up half the time. Keeping an idea list help you splint in to a new article quickly when you’re ready to write.
2. Before you start make sure you edit
You’ve probably got twice as many ideas as you need. So it’s time to be a surgeon. Cut out any axillary idea that doesn’t fit with the main theme of the article. Remember, we’re talking about how to write an article in 20 minutes, not a research paper. You got to use the ideas you don’t need for later articles.
3. Keep it short
You want to finish your article in 20 minutes, right? Then keep it under 500 words. Don’t feel like you’re faking on quality content, either: this article is only about 500 words but it’s chockfull of information. Make every word count and you’ll save time without letting quality slip.
4. Ideas incubation is simply amazing
Don’t force yourself to come up with accompanying information for your smart idea right away, it’s going to take you a decade. Let that topic sit for a few days, though, and you can add new ideas as they occur to you – and when you’re ready to write, you’ll already have all the supporting info you need.
5. Come back later
If you find that you’re stuck, don’t try to force the words to come. Save the article and work on something else for awhile. If inspiration strikes, open up that document again. You can even switch from one article to another, spending a few minutes on each as ideas comes to you. It’s a huge time-saver.
6. Bullet points save
Bullet points, like “10 Ways to Get More readers to your article”, can make writing an article a lot simpler in terms of organization because you no longer have to figure out transitions from one idea to the next. The great side benefit is that readers like lists; they’re easier for the eye to follow.
7. It’s tempting, when you look through your list of ideas, to save the best ones for later because you think they’ll be easier to write. You don’t want to save time later, you want to save time now. Do the articles you know will come easily and make the most of that time.
Share your other favorite tips in the comment box below.
Latest posts by Julius Kessy (see all)
- My Writers Bureau September Read: The Alchemist By Paulo Coelho - September 21, 2017
- 2017 Akili Dada Essay Contest - September 19, 2017
- 2017 New Media Writing Prize - September 19, 2017
MORE FROM MY WRITERS BUREAU