2016 International Essay Contest for Young People
02 May 2016
The contest is organised by the Goi Peace Foundation.
2016 theme: “Education to Build a Better Future for All”.
We live in a world with many complex problems, both local and global. What kind of education and learning would help us address these challenges and create a sustainable world and a better life for all? Describe your concrete ideas for an ideal education.
Essays must be 700 words or less in English, French, Spanish or German, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese, excluding essay title.
Essays must be original and unpublished.
Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2016) in one of the following age categories:
a) Children (ages up to 14),
b) Youth (ages 15 – 25).
The following awards will be given in the Children’s category and Youth category:
• 1st prize (1): certificate and prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US $840)
• 2nd prize (2): certificate and prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US $420)
• 3rd prize (5): certificate and gift
Winners (1st prize) will be invited to the award ceremony in Tokyo, Japan scheduled for November 2016 and will receive the Minister of Education Award (travel expenses will be covered by the organizer).
There are no entry fees
For more information please visit the competition website; here
Latest posts by Julius Peter Kessy (see all)
- New Blogger? Avoid These 4 Common Mistakes - January 25, 2018
- Interview with Denis Meshack, Winner of 2017 Engineering Essay Competition - December 12, 2017
- My Writers Bureau September Read: The Alchemist By Paulo Coelho - September 21, 2017
MORE FROM MY WRITERS BUREAU