McKinsey Global Institute “Opportunity for Europe” Essay Prize
13 Apr 2016
The McKinsey Global Institute has launched a global essay contest aimed at crowdsourcing solutions to one of Europe’s biggest political and economic conundrums: how to implement a pro-growth economic strategy that is both effective and that appeal to voters and policymakers.
The essay prize is a follow-up to the MGI June 2015 report,A window of opportunity for Europe which identified policy measures that could double GDP growth in Europe in a sustainable manner and create more than 20 million jobs in Europe. While that report identified the “why” and the “what,” it did not focus on the “how.”
Essayist should answer the question:
“How could a pro-growth reform program be made deliverable by 2020, and appeal to electorates and decision makers alike at the national and European level?”
The McKinsey Global Institute
» €60,000 (sixty thousand Euros) will be awarded to the overall winner;
» €25,000 (twenty-five thousand Euros) will be awarded to the winner of the “under 30” age category; and
» €15,000 (fifteen thousand Euros) will be awarded to special mentions at the discretion of the judging panel.
31 July 2016
» The competition is open to Entrants worldwide provided that they are aged 18 years or over as of the date of entry, except:
1. Employees, associates, directors or agents of McKinsey or its holding or subsidiary companies
2. Employees of the Jacques Delors Institute; or
3. Direct ascendants, direct descendants, siblings, spouses or partners of (a) or (b) above.
» McKinsey will not accept Essays that:
1. are not drafted in English;
exceed five thousand (5,000) words (including any exhibits);
2. are submitted after the Closing Date (as defined under 5.1 below);
3. are not original, i.e., were not independently conceived by its author;
4. include material inaccuracies which are misleading as to the Entrant’s compliance
5. have been completed on behalf of a company, partnership or corporate entity;
6. have been drafted by a third party other than the Entrant who is not mentioned as co-author in the Application Documents; or
7. have been submitted prior to the Closing Date for publication or as an entry for another competition.
» Each Entrant may submit no more than one entry, whether as sole author or as co-author (joint submissions).
» McKinsey may require you and any co-author(s) to provide proof that you and your co-author(s) are eligible to enter the competition.
» The Competition will run from 00:01 AM (GMT) on 18 March 2016 (the “Opening Date”) to 11:59 PM (GMT) on 31 July 2016 (the “Closing Date”) inclusive.
» All Competition submissions must be received by McKinsey in accordance with Clause 5 by the Closing Date. Any competition entries received after the Closing Date will not be accepted.
» To enter a submission you must:
visit www.essayforeurope.com (the “Competition Website”) to download the application form.
» submit your Essay to email@example.com (the “Competition Email Address”) in either Adobe pdf or Microsoft Word format, together with the following documents (the “Application Documents”) by the Closing Date: a signed and completed application form confirming that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Rules; a colour photograph of each author in jpeg format; and a short biography of each author, no more than two hundred (200) words.
» Once you have submitted your Essay and Application Documents to the Competition Email Address you will receive confirmation of safe receipt by return email, provided that they have been submitted before the Closing Date.
» Proof of transmission shall not be accepted as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
» Visit the organizers website for more details
Got any inquiry? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Comradejuliusofafrica-The Writers Bureau.
Latest posts by Julius Kessy (see all)
- Why and How You Should Write Compelling Articles on LinkedIn - March 21, 2018
- Online Workers-5 Safe and Secure Methods to Withdraw Cash Online - March 19, 2018
- 5 Actionable Ways to Become a Better Blogger - March 17, 2018