In order to support cultural historical research and encourage scholars in their early career, the International Society for Cultural History (ISCH) offers an essay prize which will be awarded each year to the best article on cultural history.
The ISCH welcomes original texts that make an insightful contribution to scholarship on cultural history through methodological innovation, theoretical originality or historiographical significance.
Articles on any aspect of cultural history, on any historical period or geographical area will be accepted for consideration.
International Society for Cultural History
The ISCH Prize in 2016 is 350 €
15 May 2016
» Submissions should be original, unpublished works in English, written by scholars who, when applying for the prize, are either preparing their PhD or have completed their PhD during the last five years.
» Essays should be double spaced, and no more than 7000 words in length.
» To submit an entry, please send a complete application to each member of the Prize Committee.
» The submissions should include a cover sheet with author information, a short CV and the essay itself.
» All files should be in pdf format.
» Your submission must be sent not later than 15 May 2016. The winner will be announced at the ISCH Conference in Trieste, 18-22 July 2016.
» Please send your submission to:
1) Dr. Anu Korhonen, Chair of the Prize Committee, University of Helsinki, firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Prof. em. Harvey Green, Northeastern University, email@example.com
3) Dr. Carolina Orloff, University of Edinburgh, firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Dr. Mauricio Sánchez Menchero, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, email@example.com
General inquiries should be sent to
Comradejuliusofafrica-The Writers Bureau.
Latest posts by Julius Kessy (see all)
- How Often Should Bloggers Post On Their Blogs? - April 17, 2018
- 3 Techniques To Speed Up Your Article Writing - April 16, 2018
- 5 Key Steps to Start a Successfully Coaching Business (Online & Offline) - March 24, 2018