2016 Gulen Youth Platform Essay Contest
09 Jan 2016
31st March 2016
The contest is open for high school students in grades 9th through 12th enrolled in public or private schools all over the world.
Gulen Institute Youth Platform is an international essay contest annually organised by the Gulen Institute at the University of Houston.
2016 Youth Platform Topic: “Extremism”.
“There are many ways extreme behaviors contribute to creating unsafe conditions for communities and societies. People, especially youth, are attracted to causes and join with others to create violence and destruction. Acknowledging that extremism is both justifiable on occasion and also responsible for considerable harm and disruption in the world, select only one of the following propositions. In two thousand words explore to what degree is extremism is responsible for progress and for disharmony in the world”.
Essays must be:
• written in English;
• original, unpublished, and written entirely by student;
• contain student’s original opinions and recommendations based on research;
• at least 1,500 words in length but no more than 2,000 (Citations and bibliography are not included in the word count);
• typed, double-spaced with margins: left: 1.5″, right: 1″, top: 1″, bottom: 1″, page-numbered;
• include a bibliography;
• comply with standards regarding citations and bibliography.
There are no entry fees.
2016 awards will be announced late. Click here
Visit the competition website; http://gulenyouthplatform.org/
Comradejuliusofafrica-The Writers Bureau.
Latest posts by Julius Kessy (see all)
- My Writers Bureau September Read: The Alchemist By Paulo Coelho - September 21, 2017
- 2017 Akili Dada Essay Contest - September 19, 2017
- 2017 New Media Writing Prize - September 19, 2017
MORE FROM MY WRITERS BUREAU