Nappert Prize in International Arbitration Essay Contest 2016
30 Dec 2015
Thanks to the generosity of Sophie Nappert (BCL’86, LLB’86), the Nappert Prize in International Arbitration will be awarded for the second time in 2016 after an enormously successful inaugural competition in 2014.
The essay must relate to commercial or investment arbitration.
Nappert Prize in International Arbitration
First place: Can. $4,000
Second place: Can. $2,000
Third place: Can. $1,000
Winning one of the awards will also carry with it the presentation of the paper at a symposium to be held at McGill in autumn 2016 (the expenses of the winners for attending the symposium will be covered). The precise date of the symposium will be fixed in the coming months. The best oralist will receive an award of Can. $1,000.
April 30, 2016
» The Nappert Competition is open to all students, junior scholars and junior practitioners from around the world.
» To be eligible for the prize, authors must be either currently enrolled in a B.C.L, LL.B., J.D., LL.M., D.C.L., or Ph.D. program (or their local equivalents). Those who are no longer in school must have taken their most recent degree within the last three years, or have been admitted to the bar (or the local equivalent) for no more than three years (whichever is later).
» The essay:
* must be unpublished (not yet submitted for publication) as of April 30;
* must be a maximum of 15, 000 words (including footnotes);
* can be written in English or in French;
* should use OSCOLA or some other well-established legal citation guide (e.g. McGill Red Book; Bluebook);
* must be in MS Word format.
» Submissions are to be emailed to Camille Marceau Camille. Marceau@mail.mcgill.ca as an attached file.
» Submissions should be accompanied by a statement affirming the author’s eligibility for the competition, confirmation that the work is original to the author, and confirmation of the unpublished status of the paper.
» Review of the papers will start after April 30.
For more information, kindly email Mlle. Marceau, Camille.Marceau@mail.mcgill.ca, or Professor Andrea K. Bjorklund, email@example.com, Faculty of Law, McGill University.
Comradejuliusofafrica-The Writers Bureau.
Latest posts by Julius Peter Kessy (see all)
- Interview with Denis Meshack, Winner of 2017 Engineering Essay Competition - December 12, 2017
- My Writers Bureau September Read: The Alchemist By Paulo Coelho - September 21, 2017
- 2017 Akili Dada Essay Contest - September 19, 2017
MORE FROM MY WRITERS BUREAU