The 25th BBC World Service International Playwriting Competition
26 Dec 2015
31st January 2016
The competition is open to new and established writers, provided they live outside the UK. Entry is only open to anyone who is over the age of 18 as at 31 January 2016.
There are two categories for entry. One is for entrants who speak English as a first language and the other is for entrants with English as a second language.
The BBC World Service International Playwriting Prize is brought to you by the BBC World Service and British Council, in Partnership with Commonwealth Writers and co-produced by the Open University.
Entrants should write a radio play of approximately fifty three minutes’ length on any subject of their choice. Adaptations of novels are not eligible.
All scripts submitted must be approximately 53 minutes in length – this usually equates to a minimum of 45 pages of A4 paper and a maximum of 65 pages. The play should have a maximum of six central characters. There must be no central roles for children.
Your script must be accompanied by a short synopsis which outlines the complete story of the play. This must be no more than 400 words.
There are no entry fees.
• £2200 sterling will be given for the overall winning playwright of the best play written with English as a first language and a trip to London to see the play being recorded for broadcast on the BBC World Service and to attend a prize-giving evening
• £2200 sterling will be given for the overall winning playwright of the best play written with English as a second language and a trip to London to see the play being recorded for broadcast on the BBC World Service and to attend a prize-giving evening.
Please visit the link below to view the rules and more information about the competition
Comradejuliusofafrica-The Writers Bureau.
Latest posts by Julius Kessy (see all)
- My Writers Bureau September Read: The Alchemist By Paulo Coelho - September 21, 2017
- 2017 Akili Dada Essay Contest - September 19, 2017
- 2017 New Media Writing Prize - September 19, 2017
MORE FROM MY WRITERS BUREAU